Construction marketing depends on a flow of good quality leads. There are a number of lead generation agencies specifically to deliver leads for the construction industry but there are a number of other sources for generating potential clients.
The bottom line in all our marketing efforts is a constant flow of high quality leads. Without this, the business begins to grind to a halt. However, there is a danger of capturing irrelevant information that can be distracting and time consuming and in the end quite counter productive.
Here are ten lead generation sources that you will find very useful in your construction marketing strategy.
1. A Yellow Pages Ad is a method of “off-line” marketing that works for the smaller construction company.
2. Generate a number of “lead generation” sales letters and promotional materials for your staff to use. They will be meeting people on site all the time – so use them. A powerful enquiry letter and information package with a limited offer and a clear, powerful call-to-action can also work really well.
3. Endorsed mailer, where one of your clients writes a letter to your prospects endorsing your services. This can work fantastically well because they’re hearing how good your business is from someone who counts, another client.
4. A “host beneficiary” campaign, where a strategically aligned business writes to their clients recommending your business and offering them a special “deal” on your behalf. This is a fantastic win-win. Naturally, it’s important to reciprocate the offer by then writing to your clients recommending the other business’s products or services. A “case studies and client success stories” document giving specific details of wins experienced by clients.
5. Two or three good lead generation ads in a targeted publication promoting a free report, a consultation or a free seminar. CPD Events (Continuous Professional Development) are a particularly good ways of networking and providing a useful service at the same time. Almost every industry can use this approach with great results. What can you offer?
6. Website postcards. If you have some really valuable information on your website, use a postcard to drive traffic to the site.
7. A solutions and benefits orientated corporate brochure can attract attention to your company and grow your leads database.
8. A “Questions and Answers” document which handles any buyer objections up front and gives them all the information they need to make an informed decision.
9. Drip-feed prospect nurturing campaign where you follow up unconverted leads with a series of letters designed to subtly sell them on your services in a staged manner.
10. “Sorry we couldn’t help you” letter that gets sent out after receiving a rejection. This helps endear your company to the prospect even though you didn’t make the contract AND it may even steer them back to you down the track.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list, there are literally hundreds of ways to generate new business and develop your construction marketing strategy but you have to start somewhere. Use these ideas alongside your construction leads generation agencies to create great business potential for your company.
New for 2013 is the Official Contractors Club Directory. I get several requests a month from homeowners using the "Contact Us" site looking for a contractor. I typically don't respond to them unless I know someone in the area off hand. I figured by introducing the Contractor Directory section to…
Angie's list has been getting a lot of attention lately. From its IPO last year to the massive advertising campaign it has launched. Even posting a loss recently their membership has grown nearly 66% based on their reports. For a long time I liked how their system worked. Customer's paid…
Most contractors have little knowledge on how to properly estimate a job. How many of these "What's the going rate" or "How much should I charge" questions have you came across on the internet? Now some things are hard to estimate especially if you have no previous data to use…
A reliable electrical service contractor. Service and panel upgrades, minor repairs, hot tub and swimming pools, whole house surge protection, standby generators, appliance wiring, hard wired smoke detectors, aluminum wiring solutions, arc-fault circuit breakers, dedicated circuits, interior lighting and ceiling fans, landscape and security lighting, HDTV wiring and television mounting, data communications.